• New business development in technology markets.
• Emerging market research and analysis.
• Writing of business plan, request for proposal, installation and training materials.
• Analytical approach to consultation.
• Negotiation of contracts.
• Managed cross department project management teams.
• Participated on teams defining and hiring employees.
• Selling and marketing various products and services.
• Business reporting in data environments; DB2-AS/400, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 8i.
• Business analysis in SQL Enterprise, COGNOS, Crystal Reports (Business Objects), Access, Excel.
• SQL server 2000 database administration (DBA).
• Systems development life cycles and project methodologies (SDLC).
• Implementations and upgrades to enterprise business applications.
• Enterprise systems include: J.D. Edwards ERP, Sungard H.T.E. Government Information Systems, ITRON Utility Systems, Tele-Works and Class Recreation Software and EFT implementations.
• Worked with and supported applications/business systems including and not limited to: LIMS, Utility Billing, Finance, GMBA, Human Resources, Building Permits, Sales-tax, E-commerce, and within FDA and HIPAA regulated operations.
• Development of business applications with Access2000, FileMaker and SQL/MSSQL database engines within N-tier architecture framework.
• Data migration of legacy systems into current architectures and technology.
• Web Master/Web Author for inter/intra-net use.
• Documentation for and technical training of applications for diverse user groups.
• 2nd tier advanced application support to clients.
• OS inclusive of XP, 2000, NT Server, AS/400, MAC OS, DOS, and LINUX kernel 4.1.
Integration, implementation, and maintenance of vertical applications, multi-user applications, or applications requiring programming. Assists in the recommendation of hardware and software applications. Develops user oriented product requirements; designs and develops user interfaces and maintains domain specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to current industry standards. Develops and implements project plans for application needs, including project objectives, timeframes, and resources required from both the Information Technologies department and other business vertical departments. Analyzes processes, develops action plans and implements solutions. Develops database queries and reports. Monitors, analyzes, and improves performance of application software. Supports third party application software; interacts with vendors regarding program problems, upgrade schedules and software installations. Works with departments to improve and implement automation of tasks. Provides support and integration to recurring data transfers between all business departments and any outside companies or government agencies. Meets with end user departments to understand user needs. Prepares requirements definition document and secures user approval. Identifies options for meeting user needs by purchasing commercial software products and/or develops software in-house or with contractors. With input from users, evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the available options. Implements the chosen solution. Evaluation of requirements and options will frequently involve identifying and visiting other government agencies performing similar functions. Evaluates service costs and makes related recommendations. Identifies and recommends improvements in divisional and departmental operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective. SQL2000 Database Administration duties include migration, maintenance, backup recovery, security, ability to script and utilize advanced procedures to ensure server availability and functionality to the end users. Advanced knowledge of business intelligence applications such as Cognos and Crystal Reports, of data extrapolation from IBM AS400 using native Query and DB2 tools as well as ODBC and MS Excel and Access data aggregation and transformation for the benefit of reporting to executive staff in various departments in the business.